Thursday, September 27, 2012

Random Thoughts on Pinoy Movie Trailers - A Secret Affair

Eto na, I found this movie trailer for Viva Film's "A Secret Affair" starring Derek Ramsey, Anne Curtis and Andi Eigenmann and I just can't help but comment.


First check out this trailer:



Okay so here comes the bullet points. I don't want to make it seem like I'm dissing the film, I just want to point out the good things and the bad things.

- MISTRESS MOVIE NANAMAN?! What is it about Pinoys that makes us LOVE mistress stories. We had "No Other Woman", "The Mistress" and then there's this. I know we have a soft spot for underdogs but this is starting to be a cashcow and is also starting to become a bit redundant.

- DEREK RAMSEY NANAMAN?! 0_o Why is it that everytime it's a movie about a cheating boyfriend/husband/fiancee it's got to be Derek Ramsey? Is it the abs? Is it the dry acting? Maybe it's the eye candy for the ladies. What the hell do I know, I'm a guy.

- ANNE CURTIS NANAMAN?! Okay I get that Anne Curtis Smith is hot. PERIOD! I like how the tables have reversed and now it's her turn to be the girl feeling the burn of betrayal. More gratitious bikini shots for this movie and more quote-unquote DARING scenes. This one involving a steamy shower scene. Actually I don't have any qualm about having Anne Curtis for this film. I'm actually giving it two thumbs.

- The voiceover. Not to sound mean but did Viva hire the guy who did the VOs for the now defunct SEIKO FILMS? It's got that bedroom voice which actually lulled me to sleep.

- ANDI EIGENMANN AS THE TEMPTRESS AGAIN?!?! Another classic typecasting. Andi's already playing psychotic/possessive Veronica on TV and then this happens along. What gives? I did like that naughty dialogue "I'm surprised you didn't notice the different cup size". Feisty!

- JACLYN JOSE AND JACKIE LOU's QUOTABLE QUOTES! Taenang quotable quotes yan! Ang dami. So far my favorite has got to be "Kaya Mistress Kasi Nakakastress". Champion.

Overall, I'm going to see this movie for the sheer campiness and predictability of the story. Hopefully this is better than the first two "Mistress" flicks already out.


No comments:

Post a Comment