Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SUBSPACE COFFEE HOUSE REVIEW PART 1

I finally managed to visit Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas as part of a meeting for a special, special event for Flipgeeks. So while I was there I decided to do a quick review of the place and give you folks a reason to visit the place. 


So here are some of the good bits about the place (mind you this is totally unbiased)...

  • The place is conveniently located in Ortigas. The good thing about SUBSPACE CAFE is that it's fairly easy to get there. Coming from Julia Vargas (or Strata or Prestige or Taipan) all you have to do is walk. If you're a geek like me and you'll either be coming from Greenhills Shopping Center or Robinsons Galleria, its a stone's throw away as well. 

  • The exterior of the place is really simple. I was actually impressed with the minimalistic approach the owner/ proprietor Thor Balanon did for the facade. Sadly there are no chairs, tables and umbrellas outside but that's really the fault of the building. Still the outside space is a good smoking area.
  • Upon entering the place, you'll be greeted by the Coffee House's cake and pastry section which is nice and very appealing... 

  • Another great thing about SUBSPACE COFFEE HOUSE is the furniture. I loved the decor (damn I never thought I'd read those words would come out on this blog) Anyhoo, if you chanced on the shop in a slow day you'll most probably be able to pick out a good place where you can just plop down, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and go online. 
Tony and I were discussing which mecha this guy is till we found the label... Obviously nobody won. Damn you Zambot 3!

  • The whole feel of the place is cozy. Unlike the Starbucks chains that have grown like mushrooms around the metro, Subspace has this certain element that makes you want to go and just spend afternoons. 
  • Speaking of decor, being that the owners are hardcore geeks you'll probably see a lot of geeky references all throughout the cafe. My personal favorites are the Mighty Muggs that are displayed near above the preparation area. 

  • Now I've mentioned that this only the first part of my review. The reason is that I didn't have time to go and get a taste of their coffee. I was fortunate however to order their famed "LEMON BAR". 

  • So what can I say about their Lemon Bar? It's delish! It's sweetened thanks to the confectionery sugar together with the caramel sauce. Dammit. Thinking about it, makes me want to go grab another bite. Maybe I'll do so soon!
  • Another commendation for the rest of the crew of Subspace Coffee is the courteous crew. It really adds this more homely vibe which I totally dug. The people are nice in this place; be it the crew as well as the regulars. 
  • WI-FI is fast. But you really have to order coffee or their other drinks and pastries before you get the password (shame on you if you plan on leeching off their wi-fi connection). 

Stay tuned for the next installment of my review of the place. I promise you guys its going to be more in-depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment