Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fuck You Marvel and Fuck You Too Superior Spider-Man

I guess at this point, its pretty much confirmed that the new Superior Spider-Man really won't be Peter Parker  after Amazing Spider-Man # 700


Honestly, I was already thinking of this a few weeks back ever since "Dying Wish" started in ASM # 698 but I did not want to think of this. 

But since Marvel is already bitching how the supposed "biggest surprise" for 2012 has been leaked all over the Internet, might as well openly talk about it now. 

So if you're thinking that the new Superior Spider-Man would either be the 616 Miles Morales or a time-travelling Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099) you are getting your ass kicked for believing it. 

It's actuallly... you know what, just read more on this to have a better understanding.

So going back to the title, FUCK YOU MARVEL COMICS! This is a downright insult to a character we've all grown up with and connected at one point or another...

Honestly this was really worse than killing off Peter Parker in the 90s and replacing him with Ben Reilly. This was a slap at the face for people who buy all the Spider-Man books since time immemorial.You cannot just go and make switches to one of the most iconic characters in comics. 

Ryan Stegman's art for Superior Spider-Man
  Fuck you for doing this to us. For betraying us and giving us a cockamamie villain to replace Peter Parker. Fuck you for shoving this garbage/fiasco down our throats. We demand an explanation and a retraction. We do not want to see this new guy become THE DEFINITE SPIDER-MAN because for us loyal fans and comic book readers, this is NOT anywhere near DEFINITIVE. 

Peter was the scientific quirky funny guy and this replacement of his which writer Dan Slott dubs "Superior"is basically a thorn in Pete's side for half a century. And speaking of 50th Anniversary, it sucks that Marvel decided to kill off Spider-Man in his anniversary. It's like getting iced or stabbed in the back to while blowing your birthday cake. 



I'm really trying to be vague here but here's another clue: It's in the goggles/ eye specs. You know what guys just to show off how pissed I am at what Marvel did with Spider-Man, here's the final page for Amazing Spider-Man # 700 from the good people at 4Chan.

 If you've been following the spoilers I've been doing for DYING WISH, you'll automatically guess what this means for our favorite web-crawler.

I'm dropping the title and anything related to Spider-Man for the time being. And even if I hear good stuff about Superior, I'd still NOT GET the damned book because in my head I'm looking to read about a guy bitten by a radioactive spider and not a man that swapped his brain with a heroic, lovable guy.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I've been a fan of Spider-man since I was a kid and I've always loved it. I even enjoyed the 90's stories (as bad as some of them were), even the Clone Saga (sue me). But they've spent the last 5 years slapping Spidey in the face and spitting in the fans faces. First he makes a deal with the devil which goes against everything ANY superhero stands for (especially the likes of Superman, Batman, and SPIDER-MAN). We got some okay and some decent stories after that. I enjoyed Spider-Island.

    But this? Marvel's been making me cancel subscriptions left and right since right after Civil War, but I always stayed with Spider-man. While I was sending my business to DC, I still kept purchasing Spider-man, but after Slott finished raping him, I'm just going to send the rest of my business to DC. While not perfect, DC stays true to their characters and doesn't change them for the sake of changing them.

    If they wanted to wow me, they would have done something crazy like Spider-man killing Doctor Octopus to save the city. While it would suck to have Spider-man kill, it would also open up the door for Spider-man to finally start to realize that maybe the likes of Punisher and Wolverine have it right. He won't kill again, but he begins to become a darker character, and doesn't care if he breaks the arm of a mugger when he stops them.

    It would have still been Peter Parker and the only change would be that now he is more like a Batman and less like a Superman.

    But instead we get this crap, killing off the title character of 50 years and putting someone else in his place. Slott must think we're stupid. He must think that if it's still Peter's body we'll just fall for it. But no. I'm done with Marvel. I'll check online spoilers to see what else they're screwing up, and maybe if they bring Peter back I'll go back to collecting Spider-man. But for the time being the only new things of Spider-man I'm giving any time of day is the new film (which I just got on Blu-Ray) and the sequel when it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First they killed off Ultimate Peter Parker and now this. Fuck you Marvel. Fuck you up the ass with a rabid badger.

    ReplyDelete