Thursday, January 10, 2013

Superior Spider-Man # 1 Spoilers - Spidey-Ock being a Perv and the Return of Peter Parker

I know I said that I won't touch Superior Spider-Man due to my hatred for the clusterfuck that was Amazing Spider-Man # 700 but the way my friend Kyle (who's busy maintaining the Superior Spider-Man facebook page) kept doing the hypebeast for the book got the better of me. So here I am now doing spoilers for Superior Spider-Man # 1 done by Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman.


So anyway, as always, SPOILERS ABOUND.


First let me address my new problem with this abomination that this Otto Parker... He's a damned pervert.


C'mon give your former wife some respect. Quit staring at her boobies. Let the fanboys do it, not you. Another thought that presented itself, since this is a reboot, Ryan Stegman's art in Superior is an analogy for the art style that Greg Capullo uses when he and Snyder relaunched Batman. Or maybe I'm reading into the art waaaaay too much. 

Now we go to the main plot itself.

Book opens with Spidey visiting Otto's grave. He then fights the newly formed Sinister Six led by Boomerang. He escapes but also saves a police officer. Back at Horizon, more character development and we see Pete/Otto being all Doctor Octopussy. 

Pete goes on a date with Mary Jane Watson, then sets up the Sinister Six. He promptly defeats each and every member of the team. Spidey then confronts Boomerang and beats him mercilessly. 


Before he can land the killing blow, something stops him from doing it. The surprise kicker, it's actually Peter Parker.


So not only is Peter still in the game (unknown to Octavius) he's also exerted some form of control over the actions of the 'Superior' Spider-Man. Give it a year or two or three and maybe we'll be seeing Peter in full control. 

I'm still pissed at Superior Spider-Man but now I can go as far as read it using a ten foot pole to flip the pages as opposed to not reading the damned title at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment