Monday, September 23, 2013

Marvel Avengers Alliance Spec Ops 13 Guide

Coming clean, I'm an addict for Playdom's Marvel Avengers Alliance and I swear I can effing play this Facebook game for a whole day. That being said, the game just launched it's big "Infinity" tie-in with Special Operations (Spec Ops) # 13 which features Thanos and his Black Order together with Inhuman king Black Bolt and a new hero Thane.



So if you want to get either one of the two, I suggest you start playing the game (which is very INFINITY-spoiler heavy mind you) and hope for the best. I would like to cite The Marvel Avengers Alliance [Philippines] group  particularly James Noele Vasquez who created the document.


1. A.I.M.-less

Defeat 5 A.I.M. Soldiers
Remove A.I.M. from this equation. A.I.M. Soldiers can be found in Mission 1: Tribute or Gauntlet.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


2. Mean Green

Defeat a Mini-Boss in Mission 1
Defeat either Abomination or Green Goblin in Mission 1: Tribute or Gauntlet.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1000


3. Strength in Numbers

Use 2 Distress Calls
You can only receive Distress Calls by visiting allies. Add allies to help you win more battles.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 200 XP for the Agent


4. Keep the Peace

Complete a Deploy
More help is needed on the ground to get the civilians clear of the area. Complete a Deploy in Mission 1: Tribute or Gauntlet.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1


5. Darkest Before Dawn

Defeat Proxima Midnight
The first confrontation with the Black Order is against their greatest warrior. Proxima Midnight is the Boss of Mission 1: Tribute or Gauntlet.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1000


6. Always Watching

Research the Vigil of Attilan in the Lab
Research the Vigil of Attilan to complete this task.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: Vigil of Attilan


7. The Mad Titan

Complete a Battle with Thanos
Fight Thanos either on your own map or on your friends' maps for free. Thanos respawns every 72 hours.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1


8. Demonic Diversion

Defeat 6 Demons
Demons can be found in Mission 2: A Strange Twist
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


9. Mission Accomplished

Get 2 Stars of Mastery in Mission 1
Complete missions to add points to your cumulative score. Achieve a high enough score to earn a new Mastery Star!
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


10. Bolt From The Blue

Use Black Bolt's Royal Flight 3 Times
Royal Flight is Black Bolt's second ability. Black Bolt is a Team-Up in Spec Op 13 Mission 2 and 3.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1000


11. Hammer out Danger

Create the Attilan Cudgel in the Lab
The Attilan Cudgel can be researched after acquiring the Blueprint: Attilan Cudgel
Requires 20 to auto-finish
Reward: 1000


12. Versus

Fight 5 PVP Battles
Compete in PVP to test your skills against other players. Hint: Practice matches count as battles.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


13. Curbing Corvus

Defeat Corvus Glaive
The second confrontation with the Black Order is with the cruel and cunning Corvus Glaive. He is the Boss of Mission 2: A Strange Twist.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 2000


14. Sibilant Strike

Use Black Bolt's Whisper 2 Times
Whisper is Black Bolt's third ability. Black Bolt is a Team-Up in Spec Op 13 Mission 2 and 3.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


15. Instability

Collect 20 Unstable Iso-8
Unstable Isotope-8 can be found in normal combat, as well as rewards from deploys and boss fights. You can also get some from your friends!
Requires 20 to auto-finish
Reward: 2000


16. Hammer out a Warning

Upgrade the Attilan Cudgel to the Attilan Mace in the Lab
The Attilan Mace can be researched after acquiring the Attilan Cudgel.
Requires 20 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


17. Eternal Struggle

Fight Thanos 3 Times
Fight Thanos either on your own map or on your friends' maps for free. Thanos respawns every 72 hours.
Requires 30 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


18. Binary System

Get 2 Stars of Mastery in Mission 2
Complete missions to add points to your cumulative score. Achieve a high enough score to earn a new Mastery Star!
Requires 20 to auto-finish
Reward: 200 XP for the Agent


19. Righting the Wrongs

Use Dr. Strange's Teresing Boost 2 Times
Teresing Boost is Dr. Strange's second ability. Dr. Strange is a Team-Up for the Epic Boss of Mission 2: A Strange Twist.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1


20. Victory

Win 3 PVP Battles
Compete in PVP to test your skills against other players. PVP requires completing Chapter 1 Mission 4 of Story Mode.
Requires 30 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


21. Voxquake

Use Black Bolt's Power Word in Combat
Power Word is Black Bolt's fourth ability. Black Bolt is a Team-Up in Spec Op 13 Mission 2 and 3.
Requires 30 to auto-finish
Reward: 100 XP for the Agent


22. What's in the Box

Collect 5 Inhuman Lockboxes
Collect lockboxes to unlock Thane as a playable hero. They can be earned from fighting Thanos or lockbox sidequests.
Requires 20 to auto-finish
Reward: 3000


23. Running the Gauntlet

Defeat Thanos
Thanos is the Boss in Mission 3: In Search of Thane.
Requires 10 to auto-finish
Reward: 1


24. Mission Accomplished

Complete 3 Stars of Mastery in all Spec Op 12 Missions
Complete missions to add points to your cumulative score. Achieve a high enough score to earn a new Mastery Star!
Requires 25 to auto-finish
Reward: 5000


25. Dark Dread

Defeat Dormammu
Dormammu is an Epic Boss in Mission 2: A Strange Twist. HINT: Participate in Deploys as soon as they appear.
Requires 25 to auto-finish
Reward: 1 , Black Bolt.



Then there's also Thane. To get the supposed and rumored 'Son of Thanos' you have to gain themed lockboxes. Here's Thane's bio (special thanks to Bleedingcool):



Additional story for Thane:

"I used to be just a man. Just another healer, nobody of consequence, plying my trade among my people. And then Thanos arrived. How did I get these horrible powers? Why? Did they come from him? All I know is that just as he came to Earth, I… changed. Suddenly I had the power of life and death in my hands. But I could not control it, and the people around me paid the price. Everyone that I had once healed, everyone I knew… dead. I ran before I could kill again, only to find an even greater murderer in my path. Thanos and his lieutenants were coming… for me. This Thanos creature… what does he want from me? If I give myself up to him, will he stop killing people? Or will he just use my powers to kill even more? I need someone to help me understand what I am… what I’ve become. Is that you, Agent? Do you think you can control death itself? I doubt it. But the truth is, I have no other choice. I cannot go back to the way I was, and I cannot go to Thanos. That leaves me with you. But I warn you. Try to use my powers for evil, and I’ll show you what they can do… in abundance."

No comments:

Post a Comment