Monday, November 25, 2013

The Wonders of GrabTaxi

Tried and tested out GrabTaxi over the weekend and here's my two cents on the subject plus a couple of recommendations for would-be users and for the company itself. *Yes this is also part of my Blogapalooza related posts, first one actually*


What is it: GrabTaxi is the first and largest taxi app in the Philippines that help passengers book a cab with safety, speed, certainty and convenience.

GrabTaxi aims to improve taxi markets by introducing simple, cost effective mobile-based technology to both supply (taxi fleet and drivers) and demand (passenger) that will optimize the matching process between both. The vision is to revamp the taxi industry and to provide public transportation mobility for all by developing a sustainable solution for a very real social pain. By combining top talent and disruptive technologies and innovation, GrabTaxi wishes to create a high potential, self- sustainable social enterprise that will help bring Philippines to the forefront of the technological development wave. 

To enjoy the services that GRABTAXI offers it's target market, here's a quick guide on how to get a taxi without the hassle. 



... and I did that. Downloaded the app (free of charge of course) from the Google Play Store. Oh it's not specified in the collateral that you'll have to create an account in order to book. But don't worry, creating in account for Grabtaxi is a breeze sobra, as in, three minutes tops you're done na. 

On to my experience...

It was an opportune time to try out Grabtaxi as I commute to SM Aura where Blogapalooza was staged. On my first attempt, I was able to book a cab. Problem is, the cab driver who accepted the booking was 10 minutes out. I did track the guy while waiting outside our apartment's gate and was bummed out to find out that the dude decided to cancel the booking. 

Good thing you don't get charged Php 70 for cancelled bookings. 

It was 12 noon when I decided to try my luck with the app again. Sure as hell, there was another cab driver that took the booking offer. Even better he was about a couple of blocks away. Good timing. 

This is where the technicality and scrutiny begins. The GPS worked fine as he can already knows the way. I'm already aware of the plate number but there wasn't any picture of the driver on the app. The previous booking had a scanned photo of manong driver. Since elapsed time/ estimated time was already over, I was afraid the whole waiting time would be for naught. Good thing there was a "Call Driver" option which made it convenient to give additional directions. 

5 minutes later, the taxi was there and I was well on my way to Aura for the B2B Blogging event. 


Credit: Rappler


PROS:

- Easy to install
- No fuss when it comes to applications/ sign up
- Safer than standing outside on a hot, sunny day
- Safer for lady commuters

CONS:

- Turn off the app there's a chance you'll have to start all over again
- At the moment, driver required to pick up phone which might cause road mishap

Overall, I think GrabTaxi is a pretty neat product and app. Try out the app by downloading it through iTunes or through the Google Play Store.

Oh and if you're wondering what the hell happened to me, I got to SM Aura at my projected time. Even managed to grab coffee and a bite before entering the Blogapalooza.

No comments:

Post a Comment